Wednesday 19 June 2013

The Last Dance...

So I've been AWOL for a bit, sorry. I've been super busy doing an internship at an advertising agency (I'll probably tell you about it soon), and although I'm really enjoying it, it does mean I come home and the last thing I want to do is more typing! I promise to be better.

I did have a pretty exciting weekend though, at my university summer ball! I love a good excuse to dress up, and the end of our degrees seemed like the perfect opportunity!



My dress is from Oasis, but unfortunately it's out of stock, but you can browse their other red beauties here

Reading provided us with a funfair, a hog roast and some amazing music from James Arthur (who was surprisingly good), Funeral for a Friend, and headline act Feeder, who had me wailing at the top of my lungs at the front of the crowd. 
I had to get a good band photo from the pros, I was too busy dancing my socks off (and I was much too close...).






Louise and I were rather smitten with Callum's bow-tie (I take some credit for him wearing it...). The drinks flowed, the photos got more ridiculous and I made a total fool of myself. I'm going to be so sad to leave Reading, and all these wonderful people who light up my life. I think lots of summer trips will have to be organised around their various hometowns (and maybe a few in sunnier spots!).

Eventually the sun came up, the music stopped, and Callum and I (who made it until 6 - summer ball survivors!) stumbled heels in hand to the nearest taxi. There was talk of breakfast. There was talk of burgers. The word 'diner' was batted around. But bed was calling, and a few hours later as we crawled wrapped in duvets to the TV, food was the last thing on everyone's mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment